We all love using Chrome browser. After Google introduced Chrome, it completely changed the user’s browsing experience. One of chrome’s key feature is, opening the page in new tab within same browser window. Sometime it really gets boring when you open new tab page and see annoying thumbnails.
Well there is a solution for that, Momentum is a personal dashboard designed to eliminate the distraction and provide some really inspired, focused, and productive view. This is available as Chrome extension on Chrome web store.
You can also find it through google search, simply type “momentum chrome extension in Google” and it will show the related result. Click on the very first link.
How to add Momentum to Chrome Browser?
- Open Chrome browser
- Hit the URL in address bar
- You will be redirected to below page
4. Click on ADD TO CHROME button
5. A popup will be displayed – Click on Add Extension
6. After few seconds the extension will be installed to the browser and a blue (M)icon will appear at the top right corner(like below). Enter your name and follow further steps.
How to Personalize Momentum?
The momentum extension provides some really cool features which can be configured by clicking Settings icon, located at the bottom left area of the screen.
- To do list
- Set a daily goal/focus/intention
- New inspirational photo and quote each day
- Subtle custom links and search
- Return to default Chrome Tab from Links
- Customize the dashboard by showing/hiding widgets
Hope you liked this cool trick to add some interactivity to the chrome’s new tab page. Let me know your views in comment section below.